Never go on trips with anyone you do not love
Welcome to our little piece of the internet. This is a travel blog by two intrepid adventurers as we both take time-out from our office jobs in Financial District in London to explore the world, reunite with long lost friends and make several new ones along the way.
The end goal is to make it to Sydney, Australia and Tim Tams 🙂
On 5th January 2014 we stepped on the plane to begin our journey.
Some of the places
we will be going have been are:
- India – New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Mumbai (For an Irish-Indian wedding), Goa (John’s 30th!), Kerala
- Nepal – Kathmandu, Pokhara and other random places
- Thailand – No visa? No Problem. Bangkok and Northern Thailand were visited
- Cambodia – Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh and the south coast
- Laos – Tubing in Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang and slow boat up the Mekong River
- Vietnam – From Saigon to Sapa and all in-between
- Indonesia – Bali, Lombok & Gili Islands before some culture in Java
- Australia – Every State except the Northern Territory
- Malaysia & Singapore – Big cities and big apes in Borneo
- China – Hopping up and down the country via, Shanghai, Beijing, Xian and Hong Kong
- Seoul (South Korea)
- Budapest (Hungary)
- South Africa – Western Cape and Kruger National Park
Update after 6 months on the road:
We have still not fallen out totally with each other though there have been many changes. The contents of our backpacks for starters, John now eats fruit and Karen’s preperation time has halved as she has no straightener or hairdryer.
Update after 9 months on the road:
Well we made it to Sydney, after a fantastic road-trip around Western Australia. Karen has got a job and enjoys the daily commute, walking to work over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. John’s time is divided between keeping the blog going and doing the housework until he returns to the workforce. Both of us ready to embrace the outdoors and have started attending a bootcamp class in Kirribilli – overlooking the Sydney Opera House, our new neighbourhood for the next few months.
We are looking forward to the Summer – which down here starts in October and exploring the East Coast of Australia any chance we get.
Update after 20 months on the road:
We are staying in Australia longer than planned. Our initial 417 visas ( Backpacker, Working Holiday Visa) expired a couple of weeks ago.Don’t worry we are here legally, we were both fortunate enough to be sponsored as ‘skilled’ workers on 457 visas.
Sadly blogging is not in the ‘skilled’ list so we have both had to return to 9-5 office jobs, so our time exploring is limited to weekends and holidays.
On the plus side we are enjoying life in Sydney and have been welcomed by lots of friends- new and old.
If you want to ask us any questions about anything then you can email us @ email@example.com